Monday, March 28, 2011

New Challenge ... Die Cuts Done Different

Happy Monday All! I do believe the air feels a little bit warmer today. Not warmish ... just warmer. But I'll take it. As our March kit is going to stretch through April (the next kit will be released on May 1st), I've decided to extend the monthly contest until the end of April. Also, I only managed to post one lonely challenge this whole month. Today's challenge is brought to you by Julia. She wants you to use your die cut paper in an interesting way ... no just plunking it in the centre of your page. Her example below shows how she split her die cut and repositioned it ... leaving an abundance of white space between the two pieces (a perfect spot for some journaling). Her photo and embellishments are clustered to the far right side and immediately draw the eye. I can't stop looking!Rather than using the buttons on their own, Julia has left them on their packaging card for dramatic effect. It's wonderful when the packaging is too pretty to throw away :) A light misting of ink to coordinate the flower ...

Also, note that Julia has sanded all of her edges. I always do the edges of my photos, but usually reach for my distressing tool to rough up my patterned papers and die cuts. I love how the sanded edges give a softer touch.
As always, upload your finished projects to the Up The Street Flickr Gallery and be sure to tag your images with "MarchContest" for your chance at wining a $30.00 credit to the store. Visit the website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment