Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Card

Today seems to be Birthday Party Day. We've got two parties to attend this afternoon and evening ... with meals at both. Summer BBQ food is the best. I hate showing up empty handed, so I'm making a German-style potato salad with bacon and hardboiled eggs that I made once this summer already. My stomach is growling just thinking about it :) I'm also going to try my hand at Devilled Egss. I think I've only made them two or three times before, but as I recall, they're not rocket science.
I've gotten one card out of the way and one left to do. This one uses the Lotza Paper Boyz kit and although it's a little on the masculine side, I think it's general enough to suit just about age.
I recently purchased a Big Shot for when I get the crop area set up in my store front, and am finding myself using it all of the time. I wish I'd gotten one years ago. I've had a Silhouette for several years, but I love that you can cut shapes from Grungeboard, wood veneer, felt or fabric with the Big Shot.The "Happy" and kraft label are both Sizzix dies and I used a Martha Stewart border punch for that fun double loop border.
Off to finish my edibles! Have a great weekend and stay cool :)

1 comment:

  1. Great card!!!! I love the colors, the font (THE BIG SHOT ROCKS!) and the cute MS border punch ~ I love your cards - you're such a natural at doing them!!!!

    YUMMY, I love German Potato salad - we had some 2 weeks ago :D

    ReplyDelete