Sunday, June 20, 2010

"So Lovely" Layouts

I've been playing a bit more over the last few days with the June add-on kit "So Lovely" (still one available in the store).
Still working on Jenn & Andy's wedding photos from two years ago. I love this photo of them taking their first dance together as a married couple. My favorite photos are always the candid ones that are captured after a day filled with posing and smiling.
I kept this layout very simple. The gorgeous Prima mulberry paper needs no further embellishment with the stitched flowers and sequin trim along the bottom.
I stamped with the Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourish stamp, Versamark ink and white embossing powder on the backside of the Prima patterned paper and then cut out the image. The white wasn't showing up enough for my liking so I gave the image a light misting of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Riptide. Before it dried, I wiped the wet mist from the embossed image.
I added strips from the Hambly transparency (included in the main kit) to the top and bottom of the grouping.
The mulberry paper is quite flimsy, so I added a strip of thin cardboard to the bottom back of the layout for a little extra stability.

This quick little layout uses the Creative Imaginations Real Wood.
The small brown bag that comes with the kit packaging provides a matte for my photos.
A little bit of machine stitching to pull out the red from the Girls Paperie paper banner along the bottom of the grouping.
Love this alphabet font from the Creative Imaginations Beloved stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment