Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mayne Island from Michelle Clement

I just knew that Michelle would do something unique with the July kit. Feast your eyes on her first layout ...
If you've ever seen Michelle's work before, you'll know that walnut ink and stitching are two techniques she manages to use on almost everything she does ...
And at first I thought she had typed up journaling, but what I can now see is that she trimmed lines from one of the October Afternoon patterned papers. So wonderful ...
I love that she's used the Basic Grey micro mono stickers, not as a title or journaling, but more as an embellishment ...
Beautiful little details trimmed from patterned paper and tucked in amongst the layers ...
Crumpled and inky and distressed and stapled and stitched. I adore every little bit :)
Thanks Michelle!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Michelle....what a fantastic layout!!! I love the stitched/sewn on BG mini alphas = perfect!!!

    I've never used walnut ink on my layouts before, but I love the way Michelle does it :) It's GORGEOUS!!! I may need to get a bottle and try it :D

    I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!!!!! So many layers and textures! What a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *heart* Michelle's work... so seriously beautiful.

    ReplyDelete