Sunday, May 30, 2010

Please welcome our June Designers

Get ready for another month of fabulous inspiration from some very talented ladies.
I was so late getting my product this month that we won't have a full gallery for reveal day on June 1st, but I hope to have a few more things done myself and I think Julia has already finished one project.

Speaking of Julia, I'd like to introduce you to Julia Stainton. I came across Julia's blog and realized that she lives only 1/2 hour away from me. I love to find local kindred scrappy spirits and immediately fell in love with Julia's style ... lots of detail, lots of distressing. And because she lives so close, I was able to hand deliver her kit on Friday. No pesky mail delays to worry about :)
Hi I’m Julia Stainton. I’m excited to guest design for Up the Street and love the fabulous kits. I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago to preserve my family’s memories and have been addicted to paper crafting ever since. I love creating layouts, altered projects and cards. My style is a bit of a mix of this and that but mostly Shabby Chic. I currently design for Zva Creative & Lily Bee Design and you can find my published designs in Paper Crafts, Cards, Creating Keepsakes and other magazines. My family and I make our home in Ontario Canada and my hubby and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary. We have five children from 19 to 5 which keep me on my toes. A stay at home mom, if I’m not crafting you can usually find me spending time with my family, reading, blogging or spending time at the beach. You can find my blog at: http://bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Our second guest designer is a gal I know from an online message board. Again, her style is one that incorporates beautiful details and layers, while at the same time, remaining clean and uncluttered. I'm such a fan of Jill Cornell's and am thrilled that she is going to be with us this month.
I live in Windsor Heights, Iowa, with my husband of 7 years and our 1-year-old twin daughters. We adopted the girls into our lives and hearts when they were just days old! I have a degree and career experience in public relations and broadcasting but am now a stay-at-home mom. I have been scrapbooking and papercrafting for 7 years and have a soft, shabby chic style. I love having girls to scrapbook because it gives me an excuse to use pink, lace and ruffles! I am currently designing for GCD Studios and as a blog contributor for Crate Paper. My work has been featured in Scrapbooks Etc., Paper Crafts, Scrapbook Trends, CARDS, Scrapbooking and Beyond, Paper Creations, Crafts N' Things and Simple Scrapbooks. Please stop by and visit me at my blog: http://jillcornell.blogspot.com/
Thanks for popping in. I hope to have a few more sneaks for you soon.
Have a great weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what they do with the June Kit :) They are wonderful scrapbooking ladies and i'm soooooooooooooooo anxious to see their work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ladies!!! I know and love Jill's work but I can not wait to discover Julia's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks for June! love both these gals!

    ReplyDelete