To attach the strips to my layout, I applied a thin strip of glue and gathered the napkin as I glued it down to the paper. Once I finished applying all of the strips, I wrapped the ends around to the back of the paper and glued them to the back.
I should mention that the green Prima and corrugated alphas are available in the store. Also, the branch is die cut using the Silhouette.
This is a layout I did almost three years ago. For my background, I applied a layer of Mod Podge to the cardstock, laid the top layer of a napkin down and added another layer of Mod Podge on top ... creating creases and wrinkles as I went to mimic the look of a beach towel.