Monday, April 19, 2010

"Happy" card

I usually don't get around to making cards until I need them. Like ... 20 minutes before I need one, I get a bee in my bonnet.
My Will had a birthday party on Saturday for his friend Willow (cute ... right?), so of course, I didn't get to the card until about 5 minutes before we should have been leaving.
For whatever reason, I tend to grab Sassafras to make cards when I'm in a hurry. This one uses bits that I had laying out from my Sunday Brunch kit, a few scraps of cardstock and a Jenni Bowlin Bingo card that I've had for awhile now. I thought the colours of the Bingo card matched perfectly with the adorable sheet music patterned paper from Sassafras. Too perfectly though. So I matted it with a contrasting cardstock and mounted it using adhesive foam. A quick "7" cut from the Jillibean Soup paper (again mounted with more foam adhesive) and some buttons glued here and there and we're done.

Please notice the wet glue popping out from the button holes. I told you ... I was in a rush!

As is pretty standard with my cards, this one is a crazy size ... 6x6. If I'm just shoving it in a gift bag, I don't bother with an envelope and just use whatever size cardstock scrap I have for a base.

No comments:

Post a Comment