Friday, July 12, 2013

Some puppers ...

Hello, hello.  The crazy heat has finally broke a bit and makes for easier sleeping around here.  We're planning a massive bonfire for tonight (the remnants of an old barn that's been torn down), so hoping for some nice weather.
The August kits will be another few weeks before they're ready.  I've had to made some substitutions, but I'm pleased with how they're coming together.
The online store will soon be ready to go.  I'm hoping by the end of next week.  Until now, I've only had just the kits and a few extras on the website.  I had no idea how time consuming it is to load each item.  One can only stare at a computer screen so long before going a bit squirrely.  But it will come.
 
Today I'm sharing a layout made with "A New Beginning" (still a few left).  Very, very simple.  One piece of patterned paper, a bit of cardstock and a few embellishments.
I didn't want to take away from the photos by adding any more paper, but I did want to add a bit of dimension behind the photos.  I used Liquitex Blended Fibers (applied with a palette knife through a Prima stencil).  It started out white, but as it dried, it seemed to absorb some of the colour from the paper.  I wish I'd taken a photo of it while it was drying.  This was my first time using the Blended Fibers so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I then just rubbed a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the tops to help bring out the texture.  Very subtle, but just what this page needed.
The "wandering afar" sticker is a bit of an inside joke.  The dogs belong to our friends Jen & Kirk and are forever wandering off and coming back (after a time) dirty, tired and thoroughly pleased with themselves.
The little gem pin is from a kit from last summer.  Keep your bits!  You never know when you'll be able to use them :)

Completely unrelated to scrapbooking, check out this website.  The director is the son of a friend (who I met through the store so I guess it's not completely unrelated to scrapbooking).  I would be wonderful to see a film made in our very own London.  Please donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment