Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Die-cut paper Challenge

This week's challenge was kind of a challenge for myself. I have an awful habit of saving (some might say hoarding) my die-cut papers. I don't know why ... I just do.
So real simple ... just use a die-cut paper on your layout.
To give you a few ideas, have a look at what we've done with February's "Let The Sun Shine" kit ...
I chose to flip my We R Memory Keepers Be My Valentine "Sweet Nothings" die-cut paper over and give it a few sprays of Studio Calico Mister Huey's in Sunshine.
Heather split hers and repositioned it to create an entirely different shape.
Lesley left her paper intact, but highlighted the die-cut hearts on the corners with stickles.
The other die-cut paper in the "Let The Sun Shine" kit is the KI Memories Sew Cute Daisy paper. Again, there are many ways you could use this paper, but both Heather & Lesley chose to leave it as is for their base. It just looks like a big ol' happy flower :)
They both even used the same colour cardstock for their background and used many of the same embellishments to dress up the page. As you can see, the colours work equally well for both girl and boy layouts.
Those should give you a bit of inspiration to dig out some die-cut paper and get creating.
Be sure to have your layout uploaded to the Flickr group (tag with "FebruaryContest") by midnight EST February 28th to be entered into this month's drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment