Saturday, February 20, 2010

A few projects to share ...

I finally took some time yesterday to play with the Trillium Trail kit.
This first card also uses the Sycamore Circle add-on kit. It measures 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and is quite thick, so I probably wouldn't send this through the mail ... just include it with a gift. With the more masculine colour palette and Father's Day coming up, I have a feeling that Opa might be getting this one :)
The flower was stamped on Grunge Paper (included in the Sycamore Circle add-on) with one of the new Hero Arts cling stamps using black ink and black embossing powder. I cut it out before adding any colour to it and cut right into the design so that the petals would lift. Olive Branch Shimmerz Spritz (also in the Sycamore Circle add-on) was sprayed onto a base of Peeled Paint Ranger Distress Ink. The inks just bead up off of the embossed portion. Once dry, I smeared a layer of Scattered Straw Ranger Distress Stickles (included in main kit) all over the flower.
I love how the petals have curled to give so much dimension to the stamped image.
The fabric was cut just slightly smaller than the card base and frayed around the edges. I attached it to the card base with strips of double-sided tape.
My second card is completely covered in fabric. I covered the outside of the open card base with strips of double-sided tape and laid it down on the fabric (keeping in mind the pattern so that it would be somewhat straight once cut) and then just trimmed around the edges of the cardstock. The patterned paper is fussy cut and applied with liquid glue. The punched butterflies (Martha Stewart punch) are also applied with glue but it runs just down the centre of each butterfly layer so that the wings can be curled up after the glue has dried.
Just a smidge of the Scattered Straw Ranger Distress Stickles in the centre of each butterfly finishes them off.

I love the cozy, tactile feeling these cards have by using the brushed cotton. Really unique.
And a quick little layout using limited supplies. I used some Prima packaging as a mask in the centre of my layout and spritzed Mudpie Shimmerz Spritz as a border. I then drew faux stitching to further accentuate the sprayed design.
A bit of twine stapled on, a journaling ticket, a title, a flower and we're good. So unusual for me to leave so much white space. Super quick to do though. It took longer for the spritz to dry than it took to complete the layout ;)
One other thing ... if you're new to spritzing, your paper will curl up slightly. I suppose you could iron it flat before you add the rest of the items to your layout, but I kind of like the wonky effect it gives. In any case, your page tends to flatten out once you add it to your album.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment