Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Whoa.  First of May already.  Summer will be here before we know it.  Not fast enough for the kids, but like tomorrow for me.
Not feeling so hot today.  I'm hoping this isn't going to turn into something.  Vitamins and Dr. Pepper ... should fix me right up.
I wanted to share the kits for this month.  In some ways, these kits feel very much like April's.  I had been waiting on some paper and embellishments for the April kits that didn't arrive on time, so I'd made some substitutions and used those late items for May.  If you bought April's kits, you can smoosh the May kits right on in with them and really utilize your stuff this month (and I still have a few of the "Graceful Gal" kits here in case you wanted to add it in with these).
LOTS of Heidi Swapp on both sides.  I'm wishing I'd ordered more.  In fact ... I ended up ordering some more of her products.  I haven't gotten them up yet, but you'll soon see a Heidi Swapp section on the website of items that will mix in nicely with this month's kits.

"Little Dreamer" ...
There are so many fun things in these kits ... Heidi Swapp Color Magic paper and file folders, patterned papers, trim, new items from Bazzill (if they keep producing lines like these, I'll definately be including them in future kits), Glitz mini letter stickers, etc.
But one of my favorite pieces from this kit has to be the American Crafts Peacock glitter paper.  How gorgeous is this?  The photo doesn't really even do it justice.

"The Places We Will Go" ...
Again, neat stuff from Heidi Swapp and Bazzill.
Full disclosure ... this side has the new American Crafts DIY Foam Thickers and black microbeads.  I do not love this product.  In fact, both Sarah and I may have sworn while using them.
I used them on this layout ...
Once the beads were on, they definately did not hide the white base.  I ended up spraying them with black Dylusions (didn't work at all), covering them with a coat of Glossy Accents and adding more beads.  This seemed to work and I'm happy with the end result.  I also experimented with fine glitter and the result is much nicer.
Otherwise, I am definately digging this kit.  The Basic Grey PB&J line is so fun (you might be seeing more of this next month ... wink).

We've got a few projects already in the Gallery, but expect more.  These kits are definately calling my name and I plan on using them up :)
Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment