Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Fish Net Bin, a Sweater and a Card

Happy Wednesday :)
One of the comments I often receive when a customer who has never visited the store comes in for the first time is, "I didn't know you had so many different things in here!"  I think, for the most part, people assume they'll find only scrapbooking items.  Not so :)
I've been recently adding some of the vintage, one-of-kind and handmade items to the website and onto Facebook to give people a little better idea of what they would find if they came by.
One of my favorite pieces is this Vintage Fish Net Bin with Original Swish ($199.00).  It measures 38" x 28.5" and would look wonderful in front of a fireplace or window, filled with books, blankets or throw pillows.
 Right now, I`ve loaded it up with some fabulous hand-knit items ...
Adorable for spring :)  All of the knit items can be easily thrown in the washing machine (cool, gentle cycle).
And because this IS a scrapbook store, I thought I`d better include at least one papercraft today ;)  A little card made with the Handsome Fella kit by Laura.
One more quick thing ... I had a few customers in this morning that had heard I was going to be closing. 
Not true.
My good friends over at Under the Moon announced this week that they will be closing their doors at the end of the month.  Up The Street was mentioned in their announcement as we will be using my store as a pick up for orders placed on line.  We will also be selling some of the Under The Moon items here in the store at that time.
I am so sad that losing their storefront is necessary at this time, but know that it is only temporary.  I look forward to the time when they can re-open and hope that it is not too far off.

1 comment:

  1. Very sad to see Under The moon closing too, they will be missed. Great people , horrible circumstance, when will good things start happening to good people. kharma will kick in! :) Very nice of you to help them out . Strathroy is full of good people with a few bad apples.

    ReplyDelete