Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year! and January Kits :)

How was everyone's holiday?  Glad to see those kids get back on the school bus?  I know I was ;)
Now, back to a little structure.  I've decided to close on Wednesdays for January.  I found that last year was pretty quiet, and a lot of the local businesses close for the first week or two (the bakery is STILL not open yet and Paul keeps asking when he can have cinnamon loaf again), but I thought I'd space my days out through the month.  And it's a good job I did ... I think I'm busier now in January than I was just before Christmas.  Go figure.
I've had a few orders come in this week.  If you were liking the looks of the December kit but didn't get it before it sold out, I ended up ordering more of the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas papers, as well as some more of the gold Thickers.  I've also re-stocked my dwindling Stickle supply and added a few popular colours of Alcohol Ink.  Lots of Prima and Kaiser gems, a bit of Valentine themed paper and a nice selection of hockey themed papers (which seem to go quickly).
Back to the main reason for this post ... the January kits!
The first side, "Live in the Moment", has a variety of patterened papers from Echo Park, Simple Stories and Kaisercraft ...
I pulled the title of the kit from this wonderful little Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday stamp set ...
If you haven't yet jumped on the twine bandwagon, you'll become instantly addicted once you've played with The Twinery Twine in Charcoal and Cappuccino (10 yards each).  You'll receive Memento inks Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black ... perfect for using Copic markers or just for a nice, clean stamped image.  I've also included some new items from Canvas Corp ... a burlap rectangle, 3x3 kraft envelopes and some silver T-pins ...
Lots of great basics in this kit that can be used with the other January kit or mixed in with your regular stash.

Side #2 of the January kit is crammed with October Afternoon goodness.  I'm such a sucker for October Afternoon and just couldn't narrow the papers down to just a few.  "Little House" contains six of the papers from the October Afternoon Farmhouse line as well as a few Studio Calico Classic Calico ...
Full sheets of Shape Stickers and Chip n Sticks ...
 Calendar tags from Elle's Studio ...
Half packages of Farmhouse Flower Sack and Miscellany ...
And once again, a Pink Paislee Wood Chip alpa.  I know ... I've included these alphabets in a few other kits, but this is a different font again and I just can't help myself!!!
I'm so pleased with how these kits have turned out, but even more jazzed about the projects the design team have created with them.  These gals continue to provide such great inspiration month after month.  I receive so many wonderful compliments about the gallery on a daily basis and am so grateful that Sarah and Lesley take the time from their incredibly busy schedules to showcase my wee kits :)  Go check out the gallery right now!

1 comment:

  1. wow. oh wow. i want this SO much ;) WISH I COULD Tara... IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! both sides are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete